This is an era of style and design. We want everything at our home in decorous manner and proper fashion. How can be windows ignored then. Windows are not just the openings in the walls of a house they are actually an impression of your inner self. They let in fresh air, bright light and visual variety. Therefore, always try to buy windows according to your style. Either you are installing a pair of new windows or replacing an old window with one new fancy and fashionable design keep the following particulars in your mind, they are always helpful;
1. Window Material: Now-a-days windows come in different material and styles. Some of the leading materials in the field are;
a. Vinyl Windows: These windows are made of special plastic material and does not require as much maintenance as that of wood windows like painting them is not needed.
b. Fiberglass: These windows are stronger than vinyl windows but they are also more expensive.
c. Clad Windows: These windows come in aluminum and vinyl frames. They are beautiful and easy to maintain.
d. Aluminum: Aluminum frames are slim, durable and easy to maintain. They look classy and beautiful.
2. Window Glass: You must select your new window glass according to your specific application and location. Like single pane glass is suitable under mild climate conditions whereas double pane glass is useful in surviving under hard climates while triple pane glass is best for cold climate.view more info here!
3. Energy Efficient Windows: There are a number of factors that make windows energy efficient. The type of frames, coating, security locking system, glass panes and filling that goes between the panes must be kept in mind while choosing a window for your wall. R-Value of a window glass means its level of resistance. Therefore, it is always advisable to use glass with higher R-value.
4. Window Style:
a. Single Hung Windows: Top sash is fixed while lower sash can be opened.
b. Double Hung Windows: These windows open from both top and bottom. These are handy and easy to operate windows.
c. Sliding Windows: Most easily found windows are the sliding windows. They are cost effective, space saving and easy to operate. They look fantastic too.
d. Bay Windows: if you are an admirer of mother nature, bay windows are the best option for you. They come in protruding designs with inside angles of 90, 135 and 150 degrees.read post here!
e. Accent Windows: Accent windows are available in different rectangular shapes including an octagon. It enhances visual variety. These windows are cost effective and easy to maintain.
5. Cleaning Windows: if you prefer clean and clear windows, then you must check if you can reach both interior and exterior glass easily. One handy solution is to make windows rotational.
6. Durability of Windows: Don’t forget durability of your window when choosing the style. Delicate styles and frames look beautiful but they must be durable enough to pay you back your investment in proper time.